Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Los Angeles home sellers calling us or submitting their house information on this website every week, saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Los Angeles quickly.”
The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their houses quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Los Angeles California right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together upon having to relocate, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place! Often it’s a new job or a sick relative, these days people are looking to just leave the state, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Los Angeles, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Los Angeles California house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Los Angeles… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc.Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses.If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that?Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees).Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Los Angeles California agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is John Medina Buys Houses And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Los Angeles?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Los Angeles home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Los Angeles community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
How to Sell If My Property Is Not In Good Condition?
No matter why you decide to move, there are many ways to sell your property in Los Angeles. But what if the property is not in good condition?
Selling a home can be difficult at times, and is generally a long and time-consuming process. This is especially difficult and extensive for properties that are not in good condition.
Selling a property in poor condition often leads to repair costs that may be an expense not included in your budget. These houses require a thorough review to evaluate the expenses that require repairs, remodeling, cleaning and in some cases also extermination of pests (without taking into account gardening and decoration expenses).
Depending on the state the property is in, these expenses may be too high for a homeowner, and they must also be incurred before the home is sold! What can I do then?
If you do not want or cannot make the repair costs on your property but still want to sell it, you still have three very good options.
The first option you can consider is to get a real estate agent who will make your property look as attractive as possible (without paying too much) to sell your house at a low price. Another option is to offer your house for sale at the lowest price and wait for someone to buy it.
But, to be honest, the best option would be to sell directly to an investor who wants to buy it for a fair price and without any repairs, and you are in luck because we can do it!
Sell Fast And Hassle-Free With Us
You are moving and you are selling your property, we know that the most important thing for you now is to sell your house quickly to be able to continue your life without mortification, stress or unnecessary expenses. Don’t worry, we are here to offer you what you are looking for.
Selling in the market in the traditional way can take longer than you think, and if your property is not in the best condition you can be sure that it will take a long time to sell it.
A move is more than enough reason to want to cut down on all the unnecessary expenses, including mortgage payments, real estate agent, and upkeep of a property waiting for the buyer.
Do not allow expenses to accumulate for a property that you no longer want to have, sell directly to an investor and you can use that money on more useful and necessary things, or you can save it.
We buy a house in Los Angeles in any condition, without repairs or remodeling, as is. We offer you a fair price for your property and you decide when to close the deal, we can buy your house in just 7 days. No waiting times, no sales lists in the market, no agents, no fees or commissions and in cash!
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Los Angeles real estate, so please feel free to call us at (310) 928-9688 and chat with us anytime.